Monday, November 09, 2009

Mark Eitzel Bristol November 2009

Mark Eitzel St Bonaventures Social Club Bristol.

A piano, a voice and the solid gold song writing of Mark Eitzel. This was some night. Mark was on sparkling form at St Bonventures Social Club. His voice of wine bruised wisdom and burning regret. That voice infused the material with a gravitas, wonder, soul and strength. The tales of losers, the lost and the lonely burnt with a passion rare and wise. From the warm introduction of “I Left My Heart in San Francisco” to the closing requiem of “Nightwatchman” there was nothing to fault. A great review here from Extreme Listening Mode of the Mark Eitzel gig in Edinburgh.

Thanks to Jane Oriel for the videos.







1 comment:

Adam said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. It's an interesting blog you have here, and with the title you've given it, it's easy to see who your favourite artist is! I recommended his gig in Paris, but much to my distress I wasn't even able to go in the end, so thanks for the videos here!